Boyd Safety Supplies is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Boyd Safety Supplies may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page on a regular basis to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Who Are We?
Our website address is http://boydsafetysupplies.co.uk
Boyd Safety Supplies is part of the Boyd Group based within Dumfries and Galloway.
Our business address is:
26-34 Terregles Road
What Personal Data Do We Collect and Why Do We Collect It?
When you shop with Boyd Safety Supplies, we may collect the following data:
Personal Data such as:
- Payment details
- Contact Information including email address and phone number
- Demographic information such as address and postcode
Technical Data such as:
- Information about cookies
- Information regarding your website preferences and interest
Your Personal data will be generated from technical processes such as contact forms, comments, cookies, analytics, and third-party embeds. By using our website, you are giving your consent for your data to be used in such a way as stated previously. However, you have the right to tell Boyd Safety Supplies what you do and do not want us to do with your information.
Why Do We Collect This Information and What Do We Do with It?
We may collect your Information to be used for the following purposes:
- Processing customer orders and payments
- Helping customers with their general enquiries
- Internal Record Keeping
- To improve our products and/or services
- For market research purposes.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Most of these are functional cookies that are necessary for the website to run correctly. Some cookies are also used to track webpage movement, for personal preferences, for marketing and advertising purposes and to log web-page traffic.
Boyd Safety Supplies uses a number of plug ins, these form part of the website build. For more information on which plug ins we use on Boyd Safety Supplies, please contact us.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Data Aggregation, Analytics and Profile Creation
We may analyse your browsing behaviour to draw inferences and create profiles about your personal preferences and behaviours. We may then use such information for the purposes described below;
Behavioural advertising and cross platform targeting
(a) Served by us
We may use your information (including profile data) to serve you with advertising, which is relevant to you, on our websites and the websites of third parties.
(b) Served by third parties on our websites
(c) Served by third parties on third party websites
We may provide your personal information (including profile data) to third parties who may then use it in combination with personal information that they have collected from you to serve you with relevant advertising on third party websites.
How Long Will We Retain Your Data?
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We will keep any data collected including personal contact and analytical records for one year and your customer purchase records for 7 years.
What Rights Do You Have Over Your Data?
In this section, you should explain what rights your users have over their data and how they can invoke those rights.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Who Do We Share Your Data With?
We share information with third parties who help us to process your orders and improve your experience whilst using our website.
We use WooCommerce and Google web analytics on Boyd Safety Supplies which allow us to gather information about you during the checkout process on our store.
While you visit our site, we will track:
- Products you have viewed: we will use this to, for example, show you products you have recently viewed.
- Location, IP address and browser type: we will use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping.
- Shipping address: we will ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order.
Please see the Google Privacy and Terms Policy for more details.
We accept payments through PayPal and WorldPay when processing payments, some of your data will be passed to these providers, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
We use both Royal Mail and FedEx courier providers to process and ship our orders to our customers. Some of your data will be shared with these shipping providers for example, your name, contact details and delivery address.
For more information on how these businesses will use your data please see their Privacy Policies linked below.
Controlling Your Personal Information
New rules on controlling your personal information came into force on May 25th, 2018. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) covers all EU citizens and replaces the Data Protection Act 1998.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for marketing purposes/research
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
- You may, at any time, contact us to find out the information we have about you on file
- If any of this information we have on file is incorrect, we will rectify our records
- You may, at any time, ask for any information we have on you to be deleted
- You may request a copy of the personal data we hold on you to reuse for your own purposes
- The right to object to the use and processing of your data because of your personal situation can also be made
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Our Contact Information
Telephone: 01387 251170